“Brothers, first thanks to all who attended the Council picnic yesterday. For me it validates what I have always known about Kempsville Council and it ability to meet a challenge and overcome. I also want to thank our Grand Knight , John Garcia, for leading this effort and our council through this very trying time.
Speaking of trying times. We are living in one of the most challenging times in our nation, our society, and our church’s modern history. Up front, I want to thank you personally for your interest and opened mindedness to travel this road of exploration and evangelization with Brother Dan Wood, Deacon John Kren and myself.
Lets start off with a reminder in that we are having our first “Into the Breach” session on Thursday night, 1 Oct. The meeting starts at 7:00PM and end at 8:00. The ZOOM session is set up from 6:45-8:15 to get us time to set up and if any questions linger after 8:00PM. Most of you received an invite for a ZOOM meeting from Dan Wood. If you were one of the brothers who said you would be interest in attending at the picnic yesterday please let Dan and I know and we will send you the invite. If you were on the original invite and something has come up that you can not make this first session let us know so we can get more information out to you on future session. At the end of this session we will be talking about the schedule for future meetings (as the COVID crisis diminishes we might try some other venues for the sessions).
Into to the Breach Session flow
• We will beginning with a simple prayer – Our Father, Hail Mary, or Glory Be
• Introduction Question (ice Breaker) – For the first one what is a memory you have about being Catholic (confirmation, a specific Mass you attended, helping other in the parish, etc…)
• We will watch the video(s) together follow by discussion accented by questions to assist or facilitate our discussion
o Some of the discussion points will be how we as individuals or as a council or brotherhood take action to be “Bricks for the Breach”
• “Sword of the Spirit (the word of God)- Scripture readings that will aid us in our effort to define the breach or how to close up the breach
• The “Call to Battle” – this will not be conducted during the first session but will be used in follow-on sessions to talk about the progress on the challenges from the previous session and talk about challenges suggested for the current session (once again based on the session video). We will also discuss the acronym HABITS to assist you in the challenges
• Closing Prayer – This will always be the Prayer to St. Michael:
“ Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle,
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Please watch prior to the first session – Link to the Trailer: https://site-444741.bcvp0rtal.com/detail/videos/into-the-breach/video/6122222709001/into-the-breach-official-trailer?autoStart=true
Masculinity Video (1st Session): https://site-444741.bcvp0rtal.com/detail/videos/into-the-breach/video/6133455431001/masculinity?autoStart=true
Overall “Into the Breach” video Library – https://www.kofc.org/en/campaigns/into-the-breach.html
Brothers, once again thank you for coming along on a journey I hope is worth wild to you and the men in your life.
In God’s Service with you.
Jim Waltz, DGK, PGK, Council Faith Program Chairman”